Call Us : 01482 228293 : Opening Hours : Mon to Sat : 9:00-5:30 : Closed Sunday
NATIONWIDE DELIVERY AVAILABLE : PLEASE PHONE FOR DETAILS
Terms & Conditions Cliff Pratt Cycles
- GENERAL WEBSITE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- WELCOME TO THE Cliff Pratt ltd WEBSITE TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR USE. THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLY TO THE USE OF THIS WEBSITE AT https://www.cpcycles.com/. BY ACCESSING THIS WEBSITE AND/OR PLACING AN ORDER, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
USING THIS WEBSITE INDICATES THAT YOU ACCEPT THESE TERMS REGARDLESS OF WHETHER OR NOT YOU CHOOSE TO REGISTER WITH US OR ORDER FROM US. IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THESE TERMS, PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS WEBSITE.
In these Terms and Conditions the following terms shall have the meanings set out below:
- "Seller" shall mean Cliff Pratt ltd: Cliff Pratt Cycles, 61 Spring Bank Hull HU3 1AG. VAT NO. GB GB772041068 Company Registration Number: 3818711 , Registered in England
- "Buyer" shall mean any person, partnership or body corporate detailed in the appropriate section of the sales invoice/order form/delivery note.
- "Goods" shall mean the item/s detailed in the appropriate section of the sales invoice/order form/delivery note.
- "Price" shall mean the sum due to the Seller from the Buyer for the Goods and shall include VAT at the appropriate rate unless otherwise stated.
- "Working day" shall mean any day excluding Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays.
- "Calendar day" shall mean any day including Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays.
General email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone number: 01482 228293
We operate our business in accordance with The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 and The Consumer Rights Act 2015
- 1. INTRODUCTION
- 1.1 We may revise these terms and conditions at any time by updating this posting. You should check this Website from time to time to review the then current terms and conditions, because they are binding on you. Certain provisions of these terms and conditions may be superseded by expressly designated legal notices or terms located on particular pages of this Website. If you do not wish to accept any new terms and conditions after we have given notice, you should not continue to use this Website.
1.2 If you have any concerns about material on our site, please contact us by email at email@example.com.
- 2. ORDERING FROM US
- 2.1 You are deemed to place an order with us by ordering via our online checkout process. As part of our checkout process you will be given the opportunity to check your order and to correct any errors. We will send you an order acknowledgement, detailing the products you have ordered.
2.2 Our acceptance of an order takes place when we dispatch the order. When we dispatch the order the purchase contract will be made , unless we have notified you that we do not accept your order or you have cancelled your order.
2.3 We may refuse to accept an order:
- (a) where goods, services or information ordered by you are not available;
- (b) where we cannot obtain authorisation for your payment;
- (c) if there has been a pricing or product description error; or
- (d) if you do not meet any eligibility criteria set out in our terms and conditions.
- (e) if we do not deliver to your area;
- 3. PRICING
- 3.1 All prices include VAT (where applicable) at the current rates.
3.2 Where we charge separately for packing, carriage and insurance and other relevant charges, the appropriate rate will be displayed to you prior to you placing your order.
3.3 Our prices are reviewed regularly.
- 4. DELIVERY
- 4.1 Where possible, we aim to despatch your goods within a "working day" of receiving your order. We will deliver goods ordered by you as soon as possible to the address you give us for delivery, within 30 days of your order except where we contact you to inform you of delays.
4.2 Where we inform you of delays, you will have the right to cancel your order or accept our revised projections for delivery.
4.3 We will inform you by email at the point when your goods are dispatched.
4.4 If the goods we deliver are not what you ordered or are damaged or defective or the delivery is of an incorrect quantity, we shall have no liability to you unless you notify us in writing, at our contact address, of the problem within 30 calendar days of the delivery of the goods in question.
4.5 If you do not receive goods ordered by you within 30 days of our notification of dispatch, we shall have no liability to you unless you notify us in writing at our contact address of the problem within 14 days of our maximum delivery period of 30 days from the date on which we informed you that we had dispatched the goods.
4.6 You will be required to sign for goods in most circumstances.
4.7 You are required to check goods immediately upon receipt to check for signs of delivery damage and, where you believe damage has occurred, you must mark the delivery driver's paperwork to indicate that the goods are "damaged" or, where the goods are substantially damaged, refuse delivery completely and contact us immediately on 01482 228293. It is very difficult for us to claim against our courier's insurance if you have signed to accept the goods.
- 5 CONTRACT OF SALE LIABILITY
- 5.1 If the goods we deliver are not what you ordered or are damaged or defective upon delivery or the delivery is of an incorrect quantity, we shall have no liability to you unless you notify us in writing at our contact address of the problem within 30 calendar days of the delivery of the goods in question, commencing the day after delivery.
5.2 If you do not receive goods ordered by you within 30 days of the receipt of the notification of dispatch, we shall have no liability to you unless you notify us in writing at our contact address of the problem within 42 days of the receipt of the notification of dispatch.
5.3 If you notify a problem to us under condition 5.2, our only obligation will be, at your option:
- (a) to make good any shortage or non-delivery;
- (b) to replace or repair any goods that are damaged or defective; or
- (c) to refund to you the amount paid by you for the goods in question in whatever way we choose.
5.5 You must observe and comply with all applicable regulations and legislation, including obtaining all necessary customs, import or other permits to purchase goods from our site. The importation or exportation of certain of our goods to you may be prohibited by certain national laws. We make no representation and accept no liability in respect of the export or import of the goods you purchase.
5.6 Notwithstanding the foregoing, nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to limit any rights you might have as a consumer under applicable local law or other statutory rights that may not be excluded nor in any way to exclude or limit our liability to you for any death or personal injury resulting from our negligence.
- 6. CANCELLATION OF CONTRACTS FOR GOODS AND GOODS RETURNS POLICY - FOR CONSUMERS ONLY
- 6.1 This section applies to consumers only (and not to businesses or other organisations) who order goods
6.2 If you wish to cancel your order:
- (a) you can notify us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org before we have dispatched the goods to you; or
- (b) where goods have already been dispatched to you, by notifying us in writing either at our registered address or by emailing email@example.com in accordance with clause 6.3 below. A cancellation form will be included with your order.
- 6.3.1 You must inform us in writing of your cancellation, at our registered address or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org within 14 calendar days of your receipt of the goods or by completing and returning the standard cancellation form included with your order.
- 6.3.2 You must return the goods to us at your expense. Please see Clause 7 RETURN OF GOODS
- 6.3.3 You must take reasonable care of the goods whilst they are in your charge and to see they are received by us and not damaged in transit. Please see Clause 7 RETURN OF GOODS
- 6.3.4 You accept full responsibility for the goods until they are received by us, in a satisfactory condition and are therefore advised to employ a "signed for" and insured delivery service when returning goods. Please see Clause 7 RETURN OF GOODS
6.5 The rights to return the goods to us as referred to in clause 6.3 will not apply in the following circumstances:
- * to any products that we have made or customised specifically for you
- * to any products that by their nature have a limited lifespan, such as flowers and fresh food
- * to any product where packaging seals have been broken where the seal is required to maintain the product.
6.6 You may return goods for any of the following reasons for a full refund or exchange, at no additional cost however please note the time conditions applied in Clause 5 LIABILITY for faulty, damaged or incorrectly delivered goods;
- 6.6.1 Where goods arrive in a damaged or unsatisfactory condition. Please mark the delivery note when you sign for the goods to indicate that packaging is damaged or the goods are uninspected as this helps us to recover the cost of damage from our couriers.
- 6.6.2 Where goods are faulty.
- 6.6.3 You must still take reasonable care of the goods whilst they are in your charge even if they are damaged/faulty on delivery and inform us of the nature of the damage. Please see Clause 7 RETURN OF GOODS
- 6.6.4 If required, we will arrange collection of damaged/faulty goods at a mutually convenient time (daytimes, Monday to Friday)
6.8 Your refund may be delayed or reduced if;
- 6.8.1 The goods are not received back from you in a timely fashion. We will process your refund within 14 days of receipt of the goods. Please see Clause 7 RETURN OF GOODS
- 6.8.2 We have to collect goods from you, in which case the cost of collection will be deducted from your refund. Please see Clause 7 RETURN OF GOODS
- 7. RETURN OF GOODS
- 7.1 When you change your mind and cancel the contract to buy as in Clause 6, please note:
- 7.1.1 that you will return our goods to us at your own expense
- 7.1.2 that you will return any additional related goods that may have been joint offers or associated gifts to us at your own expense
- 7.1.3 that you will return our goods to arrive with us, within 14 days of your notice of cancellation. Please see Clause 7.2
- 7.1.4 that whilst you have our goods in your charge, you will take good and reasonable care of them to maintain them in a fully saleable condition
- 7.1.5 that you will not use or attempt to fit/assemble the goods aside from your need to assess them for suitability. ( for example, it is reasonable to sit on and test your bike in your house or a clean environment, where as going for a full ride is not).
- 7.1.6 that wherever possible, all product packaging is returned with the goods
- 7.1.7 that you will repackage the goods appropriately to ensure that they are received in a satisfactory condition by us at our registered address.
- 7.1.8 that you are advised to use an insured and signed for delivery service when returning the goods as you remain liable for them until received in a satisfactory condition.
- 7.2.1 Contact you to arrange to have our goods collected at a mutually convenient time during the following 14 calendar days (Saturday and Sunday are not working days)
- 7.2.2 Advise you of the cost of collecting our goods
- 7.2.3 Deduct the cost of collecting goods from you from any refund we might owe you. Please see Clause 6.8
- 7.2.3 not be liable to refund you if goods are not received back and no proof of postage, clearly stating our details is made available.
7.4 If you receive Damaged or Faulty goods OR we deliver incorrect or substituted goods where the substituted item(s) were not agreed to prior to despatch:
- 7.4.1 we will arrange collection of goods at OUR expense at a mutually convenient time OR
- 7.4.1 you may return goods to us, and we will refund the cost of you doing so, however please check with us first as it is often cheaper for us to collect.
- 8. WEBSITE USAGE LICENCE
- 8.1 You are permitted to print and download extracts from this Website for your own use on the following basis:
- (a) no documents or related graphics on this Website are modified in any way;
- (b) no graphics on this Website are used separately from accompanying text; and
- (c) any of our copyright and trade mark notices and this permission notice appear in all copies.
8.3 Subject to clause 8.1, no part of this Website may be reproduced or stored in any other website or included in any public or private electronic retrieval system or service without our prior written permission.
8.4 Any rights not expressly granted in these terms are reserved.
- 9. SERVICE ACCESS
- 9.1 While we endeavour to ensure that this Website is normally available 24 hours a day, we will not be liable if for any reason this Website is unavailable at any time or for any period.
9.2 Access to this Website may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons beyond our control.
- 10. VISITOR MATERIAL AND CONDUCT
10.2 You are prohibited from posting or transmitting to or from this Website any material:
- (a) that is threatening, defamatory, obscene, indecent, seditious, offensive, pornographic, abusive, liable to incite racial hatred, discriminatory, menacing, scandalous, inflammatory, blasphemous, in breach of confidence, in breach of privacy or which may cause annoyance or inconvenience;
- (b) for which you have not obtained all necessary licences and/or approvals;
- (c) which constitutes or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise be contrary to the law of or infringe the rights of any third party, in the UK or any other country in the world; or
- (d) which is technically harmful (including, without limitation, computer viruses, logic bombs, Trojan horses, worms, harmful components, corrupted data or other malicious software or harmful data).
10.4 We will fully co-operate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity or locate anyone posting any material in breach of clauses 10.2 or 10.3.
10.5 It is your responsibility to determine that your input into our site, including use of any chat room areas of our site, including your choice of your user name, conforms to the above conditions. Remember that the site and your content may be accessed by children.
10.6 If you notice any content which breaches these conditions, please notify us by email to email@example.com.
- 11. LINKS TO AND FROM OTHER WEBSITES
- 11.1 Links to third party websites on this Website are provided solely for your convenience. If you use these links, you leave this Website. We have not reviewed all of these third party websites and do not control and are not responsible for these websites or their content or availability. We therefore do not endorse or make any representations about them, or any material found there, or any results that may be obtained from using them. If you decide to access any of the third party websites linked to this Website, you do so entirely at your own risk.
11.2 If you would like to link to this Website, you may only do so on the basis that you link to, but do not replicate, the home page of this Website, and subject to the following conditions:
- (a) you do not remove, distort or otherwise alter the size or appearance of the Cliff Pratt Cycles logo;
- (b) you do not create a frame or any other browser or border environment around this Website;
- (c) you do not in any way imply that we are endorsing any products or services other than our own;
- (d) you do not misrepresent your relationship with us nor present any other false information about us;
- (e) you do not otherwise use any Cliff Pratt Cycles trade marks displayed on this Website without our express written permission;
- (f) you do not link from a website that is not owned by you; and
- (g) your website does not contain content that is distasteful, offensive or controversial, infringes any intellectual property rights or other rights of any other person or otherwise does not comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
11.3 You shall fully indemnify us for any loss or damage we or any of our group companies may suffer or incur as a result of your breach of clause 10.2
- 12. DISCLAIMER
- 12.1 While we endeavour to ensure that the information on this Website is correct, we do not warrant the accuracy and completeness of the material on this Website. We may make changes to the material on this Website, or to the products and prices described in it, at any time without notice. The material on this Website may be out of date, and we make no commitment to update such material.
12.2 The material on this Website is provided as is without any conditions, warranties or other terms of any kind. Accordingly, to the maximum extent permitted by law, we provide you with this Website on the basis that we exclude all representations, warranties, conditions and other terms (including, without limitation, the conditions implied by law of satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and the use of reasonable care and skill) which but for these terms and conditions might have effect in relation to this Website.
- 13. LIABILITY WHEN USING OUR WEBSITE
- 13.1 We, any other party (whether or not involved in creating, producing, maintaining or delivering this Website), and any of our group companies and the officers, directors, employees, shareholders or agents of any of them, exclude all liability and responsibility for any amount or kind of loss or damage that may result to you or a third party (including without limitation, any direct, indirect, punitive or consequential loss or damages, or any loss of income, profits, goodwill, data, contracts, use of money, or loss or damages arising from or connected in any way to business interruption, and whether in tort (including without limitation negligence), contract or otherwise) in connection with this Website in any way or in connection with the use, inability to use or the results of use of this Website, any websites linked to this Website or the material on such websites, including but not limited to loss or damage due to viruses that may infect your computer equipment, software, data or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing this Website or your downloading of any material from this Website or any websites linked to this Website.
13.2 Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude or limit our liability for (i) death or personal injury caused by negligence (as such term is defined by the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977); (ii) fraud; (iii) misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter; or (iv) any liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
13.3 If your use of material on this Website results in the need for servicing, repair or correction of equipment, software or data, you assume all costs thereof.
13.4 You agree, on behalf of yourself and your business entity or organisation, jointly and severally to indemnify us fully, defend and hold us, and our officers, directors, employees and agents, harmless from and against all claims, liability, damages, losses, costs (including reasonable legal fees) arising out of any breach of the terms and conditions by you, or your use of this Website, or the use by any other person using your registration details.
- 14. GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
- 14.1 These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Disputes arising in connection with these terms and conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts where the claim is brought by you, save where you have legal rights to bring any claim in respect of such a dispute in any other jurisdiction. We nevertheless retain the right to bring proceedings against you for any threatened or actual breach of these terms and conditions in your country of residence, registration or business or any other relevant country.
14.2 We do not warrant that materials, services or information for sale on the Website are appropriate or available for use outside the United Kingdom. It is prohibited to access the Website from territories where its contents are illegal or unlawful. If you access this Website from locations outside the United Kingdom, you do so at your own risk and you are responsible for compliance with local laws.
- 15. MISCELLANEOUS
- 15.1 You may not assign, sub-license or otherwise transfer any of your rights under these terms and conditions
15.2 If any provision of these terms and conditions is found by any court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the invalidity of that provision will not affect the validity of the remaining provisions which shall continue to have full force and effect.
15.3 No person other than the parties to these terms and conditions are intended to benefit from them pursuant to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
- 16. PRODUCT SPECIFICATION
- As with any product, specification is subject to change without prior notification. You are advised to confirm current specification before buying.
Please be aware that while we do our best to display current specification as accurately as possible, there can be slight errors in specification.
Please note, where weights are shown, this is only an approximate weight supplied by the manufacturer, and each individual product can vary. Weights are usually based on a medium size.
Sizing where shown in cm's or inches (") are rounded to the nearest full cm or half an inch. Please be aware slight mistakes can occur here, you are advised to email or telephone us for more exact measurements.
- 17. CYCLE TO WORK
- 17.1 We are currently able to offer Cycle To Work Scheme vouchers from most companies schemes. including Cycle Scheme, Halfords cycle 2 work, Cycleplus, SMEHCI and The Green Commute Initiative
17.2 Some Scheme Providers and employers will allow for "top-up" payments to be made on top of the voucher, where as others will expressly forbid this. It is important to note that, while we are happy to allow for split payments this way, it is up to the customer to make sure that they are happy that they are abiding by the terms as set out by their scheme and employer.
17.3 We currently can only accept Cycle Scheme vouchers against the regular full price RRP of any bike or accessories. Cycles Scheme Vouchers cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers or promotions EXCEPT for FREE POSTAGE which will be honoured.
- 18. FINANCE
- 18.1We offer Finance through an externtal finance vendor (V12 / Novuna Finance). 18.2We are not able to influence or discuss any part of the credit application process or its outcomings , including refusals. 18.3We are not able to directly alter any financial product once it has been agreed to, to do this , you need ot contact the financial company directly. 18.4IWe are unable to offer Sale Prices or Incentive promotions such as Free or Reduced Price goos IN CONJUNCTION with finance, Special Offers are valid on Cash/Card and Paypal payments only. Free Postage IS however still offered on bikes purchased on finance. 18.5We will ensure that the exit portal meets all current cyber security standards, we cannot be held responsible for the external companys data
- 19. Warranty Of Goods and Disclaimers
- All items sold on this site are brand new unless otherwise stated, and as such, will normally come with a manufacturer's warranty to work as intended and be free from defect for a time frame that is reasonable for that product, however some products , such as inner tubes are considered consumables and may therefore have a significantly shorter warranty period. if you have any questions regarding the warranty period of a specific item, please contact us before purchase. In the event of any defect arising, it is the customer's responsibility to get the item back to us and as such, this would normally be at the cost to the customer. Any warranty claims MUST be supported by a valid and in date receipt. We are not always able to reissue receipts after purchase, due to things such as changing EPOS providers, so please always retain a copy of your own receipts. In any cases that need to draw on the manufactures' warranty, we operate a "pass back" system , where, if in warranty, the item is usually sent back to the original supplier for their inspection. If after this inspection, there is a warranty case to answer, they will normally repair or replace at their own choice in line with their own warranty processes. we have no say in the end decision on this, but we are happy to voice any preference you may have. Cliff Pratt Cycles cannot be held responsible for delivery failures by third parties. We appreciate how frustrating it is if this happens and we'll give our couriers a very hard time if it does, but we're not able to pay any compensation.
- 20. Giant £100 Free Accessories Bundle Offer
- As of 04/04/23 we are offering a Promotional Giant accessories package. Simply add a qualifying Giant Bicycle to your basket and you will recieve a FREE accessories bundle, worth £100,with your order. To qualify , the bike much be must be ALL of the following: i. A Giant Aluminium Framed Road or Hybrid Bicycle ii. A 2022 Model iii. Under £1000 at RRP. subject to availability, while stocks last.
- 21 Finance FAQ
- Do you offer finance?
Yes, we currently offer finance through V12 Finance.
How do I choose to pay by Finance? Just select the finance option on the checkout page.
Is finance available instore? Yes, Please contact us on 01482 228293 or join us in-store to discuss the finance options they have available.
Who is eligible to apply for online finance?
To apply for finance, you must be over the age of 18, work at least 16 hours a week, or be retired with an income. You must also be a resident of the United Kingdom and have lived in the UK for the last 12 months or more. Unfortunately, we are unable to offer online finance to residents of Eire. Homemakers aren't excluded from applying under their own names; however we will require the employment details of your spouse in order to process your application.
When do my repayments start? Your monthly repayments will begin one month after your purchase has been delivered.
Are there any arrangement fees or hidden extras for credit? No. There are no arrangement fees or hidden extras.
Applying for online finance
When you buy online from Cliff Pratt Ltd you will have the choice of applying for instant finance by adding your purchase to the shopping basket, if the products match the criteria by which we offer finance. selecting the option to Pay by finance, and completing a finance application form.
The whole process only takes a few minutes and is simple and secure. Once your finance application is approved, you will receive an e-mail advising you of how to download the finance agreement. Please read this carefully checking that all the details are correct, then either e-sign the agreement, if offered, or print and sign the finance agreement. You can also post the document to the address shown on the finance agreement.
Following receipt of your finance agreement and a few additional checks, your goods will be dispatched.
Once my application is approved, what happens next?
Within minutes of your application being approved, you will be presented with the options to either e-sign or print and return your finance agreement. If you choose to e-sign your agreement, a PDF of your agreement will be displayed on screen. You should read the agreement carefully before clicking all the relevant sections agreeing to its terms.
Once you have agreed to the terms of the finance agreemen we (Cliff Pratt Ltd) will be notified and you need do nothing more.
Note that products will not be allocated to your order until your completed and signed agreement is returned and received by our Finance Provider. Shipment of your goods will follow soon after your agreement has been returned and received.
Will your company credit score me and if so, what does this mean?
Credit scoring is the process used by financial services companies to evaluate the credit risk of new applicants. This technique will be applied to your application for online finance. Credit scoring works by awarding points for each answer given on the application form such as age, income and occupation, together with information obtained from credit reference agencies. This information allows us to produce consistent decisions, ensuring all our applicants are treated fairly. Credit scoring does not discriminate on the grounds of sex, race, religion or disability.
If you decline my application, what is the reason?
In addition to credit scoring, our Finance Provider also takes into account confirmation of your identity, validation of certain application details, existing commitments and information held at the credit reference agencies. Though our Financial Provider is unable to provide you with a main reason for the decline of your application, it is usually based on one, or a combination of the following:
• Your credit score (note that every finance company will score you differently) • Adverse credit reference agency information • You are considered to be overcommitted • You are aged under 18 • Your existing account performance with other lenders
What type of information do credit reference agencies hold about me?
Some of the information is public information, for example electoral roll, County Court Judgements and bankruptcies. Other lenders may also file information about accounts you hold with them for instance this could include your payment history and outstanding balance on these accounts. Any requests for credit, where a credit reference search has been undertaken, will also be filed, although the result of the request is not recorded.
How do I obtain a copy of this information?
You should send a cheque for £2.00 made payable to the relevant company, together with details of all addresses at which you have lived over the last 6 years: • Consumer Help Desk Experian Limited PO Box 8000 Nottingham NG1 5GX • Equifax Ltd., Credit File Advice Centre. PO Box 1140. Bradford, BD1 5US • Consumer Services, Callcredit Limited, PO Box 491, LEEDS, LS3 1WZ
The above listed agencies will provide details of information relating to these addresses. If you believe that the information is incorrect, you can ask the agency to correct it.
If my application is not successful, can I re-apply?
Yes. We acknowledge that your circumstances change and just because we have refused a previous application, it does not mean that we'll automatically turn down a further request. We do suggest however, that you leave at least 6 months between applications.
Can I request delivery to an address other than my home?
In order to safeguard against fraudulent applications, we regret that we're able only to deliver goods to the home address of the applicant.
On the rare occasion that we do receive a complaint, we take it very seriously. If you are unhappy with the any aspect of the goods you purchased with us you may contact us in any way you prefer. Our contact details are as follows;
Phone: 01482 228293 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Address: Cliff Pratt Cycles 61 Springbank Hull East Yorkshire HU3 1AG If your complaint relates to your finance agreement
If your complaint relates to the finance linked to your purchase you can still let us know about this, but we will forward it on to your credit provider who will acknowledge your complaint and investigate it thoroughly and issue their response within eight weeks.
What to do if you can't reach an agreement
If you are not satisfied with our providers response to your complaint relating to the finance agreement, you may be able to refer the matter to the Financial Ombudsman Service. You must contact them within six months of the date of the providers final response letter to you.
They can be contacted in the following ways:
Write: Financial Ombudsman Service, Exchange Tower, London, E14 9SR
Telephone: 0300 123 9 123 E-mail: email@example.com Further details can be found on the Financial Ombudsman Service
- 22. Vulnerable Persons Policy
- We understand the importance for our customers to receive the appropriate information about the products and services that we offer to enable them to make an informed decision. Entering into a vehicle hire, finance or service agreement with its imposed terms and conditions involves a long-term financial commitment, so it is vital that our customers fully understand their obligations. There are occasions when someone who, due to their personal circumstances, may be vulnerable and therefore especially susceptible to detriment. We therefore need to ensure that we consider the circumstances of each individual and during our dealings with them, tailor our approach, removing any barriers that restrict the customer from accessing our products and services and achieving a satisfactory outcome.
Recognising consumer vulnerability
We realise that a customer may be vulnerable or potentially vulnerable for various reasons and these may include mental or physical infirmity, age, credulity, addiction, a recent change in circumstances, new to finance commitments or a particular finance product, learning difficulties, illiteracy and/or where English is not the customer's first language. The reason for the vulnerability could be permanent or a temporary situation. Our staff are trained to ask our customers questions and to actively listen to responses. A customer may reveal information that suggests that they could be vulnerable (self-identification) or we may recognise certain behaviours which could indicate that a customer is potentially vulnerable.
What happens if a customer is identified as being vulnerable?
Being identified as being vulnerable does not preclude a customer from obtaining finance for their vehicle. Due to the diversity of the factors that can contribute to the level of customer vulnerability, there will not be one approach that can be adopted to fit each circumstance. However, examples of how we may ensure that the customer receives a fair outcome could be the way that we communicate, asking more questions, taking more time to go over things, and/or make suggestions for another family member to be party to the conversations. The overriding principle in our dealings with vulnerable customers is that fair outcomes are achieved throughout the customer journey, and any barriers are removed to access our products and services.
We will always deal with our customers respectfully and with integrity.
We have placed cookies on your browsing device to enable this website to function correctly.
Further usage of this website indicates you are happy for us to do this..
Find out about the cookies we have set and how we use them.
Further usage of this website indicates you are happy for us to do this..
Find out about the cookies we have set and how we use them.